By Cindy Batchelor of MyStyleSpot.net (Guest blogger for SelfieMark).
On a recent trip to my hair stylist, I was informed that my obsessive winter flat ironing had broken off a ton of hair in the back. I have this horrible little curly-wave back there that has completely driven me crazy, as was now evident with broken off pieces of hair that didn’t even reach the bottom of my head.
Fortunately, I’ve looked to Aveda, one of my favorite hair styling brands, to find some new solutions to hair styling that won’t wreak havoc on my hair! I tried out this Volumized ponytail last week and totally fell in love! It’s super easy to do, looks unique, and won’t do damage to your hair either!
How to Get the Look:
- The great thing about pony tails is you can go with day old hair if you want too. Nice! Just add some dry shampoo to the scalp to loosen up the oil, massage in nicely, and it will leave hair looking and feeling fresh. *This is also great for creating some awesome texture that will look extra great with this style!
- Use a thickening spray all over the mid-length of hair and down to the ends until hair is a bit damp. This also creates some amazing texture. *I love Aveda’s Thickening Tonic for this step.
- Begin taking 1 inch sections of hair and then twirl gently from root to ends to help set the texture.
- Once all of your hair is twirled into sections, take one piece at a time and then blow dry. Place dried sections over the face to create volume at the roots while continuing to dry remaining sections. *Tip: Use a root boosting product when blow drying to save yourself some time with this step and skip the twirling all together.
- Flip the dried twirls back using your fingers and apply a small amount of pomade or styling cream and gently unravel the twirls and massage to add more texture at the crown. *I love Aveda’s Light Elements Defining Whip for this step.
- As you pull hair into a low ponytail, be careful to maintain volume at the top by not pulling too tightly. Wrap a small section of hair around the band and secure with a pin underneath.
- Mist with a light hairspray to hold your look.
Voila! You’re all done and looking fabulous, I might add!
Please don’t forget to follow my beauty and fashion tips on SelfieMark @Cindy_Batchelor MyStyleSpot.
*Volumized Pony, as seen at Latinista, is brought to you by #Aveda,